Sunday, October 1, 2006

Elephant Village

Sunday we decide we had enough of tigers but wanted to see more elephants. We went on a trekking tour on an elephant. It took us trough a river and all around the countryside. The tour guide actually let me "drive" the elephant for over half of the trip! Troy didn't get to at all; he says the tour guide had a crush on me (he also picked me flowers). We asked around and it sounds like it was defiantly a special treat for me because no one else got to do it. BLONDES ROCK! It was fairly easy to drive one. If you wanted it to go straight you kick both ears at the same time, if you want it to go right or left you kick that ear. I never did find out how to stop! After the ride we got to see a little presentation on the silk worm. Thailand I known for its wonderful silks. Random fact: the worm lives for only 24 days, then is a butterfly for 48hrs then it dies. The cocoon is yellow and fuzzy and the fuzz is actually what they make the silk from. Real silk burns into ash, fake silk or non-pure silk melts and becomes sticky. CHILDREN DON"T TRY THIS AT HOME. Tell me if it really works if you happen to try it.

Finally we had lunch and then watched a Thai Fighting show. I got picked to be in a fight with a sword (BLONDES ROCK!).

Once we got home we joined up with the rest of the UOP clan and headed out on the town. It was Greg (#2) last night. We went to this club which had a live band that played American rock music. They played everything I wanted to hear. They need to work on their Creed a little but Metallica and others they did awesome. The twist of this place was that the waitress staff were drag queens, there is always a twist on Walking Street.

No comments: