Monday, January 17, 2011

Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen

Book #1 (goal is 5) for the year was "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen. I got the book on loan (love that kindle lets us share now!) from a friend. I heard that Reese Witherspoon is going to be staring in the movie version of this book and its due out in April '11. Since I love Reese and I try to see all her movies I wanted to read the book, because I can't read a book after I see the movie. One good thing about the kindle loaning program is that once you accept the book you have 14 days to read it. At first I thought this was a horrible idea....however it motivated me to keep reading at times this pregnant girl would rather have been napping.
The book was very well written and I'm excited to see how the movie does it. I usually think the movies drop the ball but this is a pretty basic plot and I can't see how they couldn't do the whole thing in 2hrs. The book being a very solid story so I was never really bored reading it.... I found predictable and lacking any real suspense to get that 5/5 star rating from me. I gave it 4/5 stars on my goodreads page though.
If you don't know goodreads is a great little website that helps you keep track of what you have read and want to read. If your like me you end up buying books only to realize you have already read them. Plus once you get a few like minded friends you can get great book reviews from them, which helps me pick what I should read next.

2 comments:

L said...

Reese Witherspoon... and ROBERT PATTINSON!! HELLO! It's an amazing book, can't wait to discuss it!

Ceska said...

Maybe you'll catch yourself rereading parts to get the mental image just perfect. This is a fantastic novel, very much so recommended, Except for the time being if your a college student, that should be studying for finals, wait a week, then pick it up. You'll enjoy the action, drama, and romance of Water for Elephants.