Thursday, February 3, 2011

How to revive Play-Doh


I went out to buy some new Play-Doh and you would be shocked on how much they want ($10 for 2 jars). So instead I decided to try to revive our Play-Doh. We get tons of Play-Doh time at our house so we really can't go without! :)  I looked up ways to just make some but a couple of the ingredients are one's I have access to...so that post will have to come another day. Instead I got my hands wet and just started kneading the doh (you could also just put a couple drops of water on the doh and knead). I had to do this about 3-4 times for it to soften back up into its former glory. However when you do this be warned the color does bleed out some, it doesn't lose its color, but your hands gain some (didn't stain luckily it just washed off). But I bought us some more Play-Doh time!
I am also told that if you wrap it in a wet paper towel then put it back in its container for the night it works. Just make sure that its only for one night because Play-Doh will grow on you....not in the good way ;) Also if you know your child will not play with it for a long time put a drop or two of water in the container before tightly sealing it and storing it.

No comments: